HRDB Current Initiatives
Disability Insurance: What You Need to Know,
April 24, 2018
Presentations from the Disability Insurance: What You Need to Know event:
Abled, Not Disabled: 2017 Regional Conference on Persons with Disabilities
Conference Powerpoints, Handouts, Presenter Bios and other Materials (by session, as available)
Opening Plenary: Providing World Class Customer Service to Customers & Clients with Disabilities
Basic Priniciples of ADA (Title I) - Employment Session
Hoarding as a Disability Session
Tips and Techniques in Creating an ADA Compliant Agency Session
Crisis Intervention Team Session
Making Housing Accessible Session
Reasonable Accommodations Part I Session
Employment Options and Resources Session
Crisis Intervention Team Symposium on Mental Health
The Americans With Disabilities Act: For Everyone, Everyday
The ADA: Title II Training, June 29, 2015, Part 1
The ADA: Title II Training, June 30, 2015, Part 2
The ADA: Title II Training, June 30, 2015, Part 3
The Hampton Roads Disability Board
- Provides information and resource referral to citizens and local governments regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Informs and educates the community about issues, barriers, and options, to ensure that persons with physical and sensory disabilities can participate to the fullest extent possible.
- Raises public awareness and advises long-range county and state planning agencies about the needs of area residents who have physical and/or sensory disabilities.
- Serves as a reference for county residents with disabilities; creates support linkages between services for the disabled and residents that might find these services beneficial.
- Encourages and supports communication among service providers to improve the coordination and the availability of services for persons with disabilities.
- Exchanges information with other regional organizations and State DSBs regarding services to persons with physical and sensory disabilities and the best practices in the delivery of services.